2018 Recycled Materials Art Competition
Because there's just one earth, and it is beautiful
The Recycled Materials Art Competition was created to promote recycling and reuse of materials emphasizing creativity and innovation, in line with California’s goals to keep 75% of waste out of landfills by the year 2020. The competition is an opportunity for Marin County children to learn more about recycling, responsible use of resources, and sustainable living through creative exploration. Our goal is to raise public awareness and support of educational programming regarding recycling, reducing, and reusing of materials while building strong coalitions between community stakeholders in education, sustainability, and the arts.
More than just an art competition, the RMAC is a growing movement that brings Marin County educators, local businesses, sustainability stakeholders, and community leaders together to share information on recycling, raise public awareness, and make positive change through the expression of creativity.
Congratulations to Our 2018 Winners
Open to all elementary schools (K-5th Grade) in Marin County, California.
Submissions must be exclusively comprised of fully recycled/reused materials; can include elements such as:
- product design from found objects.
Click here for registration paperwork, lesson plans, and more!
Basic JUDGING CRITERIA:
- Effective use of recycled/reused materials
- Originality and Innovation
- Overall Presentation
A $500 classroom mini grant will be awarded to the teacher of each winning student or group.
Prizes will also be awarded to individual participants in three age groups:
- 2nd & 3rd
- 4th & 5th
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:
Become a Sponsor!
A great Corporate Social Responsibility
opportunity for your business
We are currently seeking co-sponsors for this event at the $500, $1,000 and $1,500 levels.
Benefits of co-sponsorship include:
- Your business's logo on all collateral
- Prominent hyperlinked logo on this page and our partner page for a full calendar year
- Your business's participation will be prominently featured in all published materials
- Opportunity to judge the competition and speak at the awards event
- Great opportunity to promote your business's commitment to sustainability on your website/collateral
Please contact Diana Gray for more information: